This site is currently under construction. Continue to check back for updates.
Q: Will you travel to other states or destination locations? Yes, Excellent Occasions charges additional mileage ($.65) for anything 20 miles (one way) or further from the Minneapolis area. Lodging fees may apply to weddings/events that are at least a 1.5 hr. drive one way. For weddings and/or events outside of Minnesota you can expect to pay expenses including but not limited to mileage/airfare, transportation and lodging.
Q: Do you have any extra or hidden fees?
No. Excellent Occasions offerings are straight forward, honest and complete. The price quoted to you for the services we decide on is what will always be honored. And, it is our personal guarantee that you will know about all fees before you have to put any money down.
*Price quotes are valid for 30 days. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Q: Is there a damage deposit and replacement cost for rental items?
A credit card authorization form is required and acts as authorization for both the security deposit on rented equipment and as guarantee of payment. Excellent Occasions Event Planning and Décor Rental requires that this form be completed and returned before the rental and or services can be completed. In the event that items are lost or damaged, replacement costs will apply.
Q: I don’t see décor delivery, set-up, or strike fees. What are they?
If you are interested in these services we will ask you a number of questions to get a better understanding of your day. Each wedding/event is so different. At times, there may be venue and/or time constraints for delivery and set up. Some items are more labor intensive to set up than others. For example, due to time constraints at your venue we may only have 1.5 hours to decorate for your event. Therefore, more staff will be required. Excellent Occasions does not overprice delivery and or set-up/tear-down. These charges are used for paying staff for their work. You will always know what these charges are up front before you reserve items for your event date. Plan for a $75 minimum for average rental order. Additional charges apply for very large orders. Charges are different for specialty items and services such as backdrops, gazebo, ponds, draping etc. Stretch your wedding decor budget and avoid delivery charges and/or setup and removal fees by choosing items that can be picked up and returned.
Q: What are packing materials for transport?
All décor items will either be bubble-wrapped, boxed, hung, or put in tubs for transport. Be sure to return all packing materials (boxes, tubs, bubble wrap, hangers) or you will be subject to replacement costs. An estimate of the total boxes, tubs, etc required to transport your rental order will be provided to your prior to pickup. Be sure to bring a vehicle large enough to transport your entire rental order.
Q: What are pickup and return times and dates?
Pickups are typically done on Thursdays or Fridays, and returns are made on Mondays. Some adjustments may be made during the summer months. We will establish pickup and return dates at the time you place your order.
Q: I like what I see and hear so far, so what should I do next?
Contact us. That way we can get to know each other better on the phone. We will ask you questions, so set aside some time for the chat. We will then set up a time to do an in-person consultation with those who are investing in Excellent Occasions services. We will then provide an agreement for you to fill out and sign.
Q: How much to reserve Excellent Occasions services?
We require 1/2 down in order to reserve your wedding/event date. The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to your event date and can be broken up into payments for your convenience.
Q: What are payment options?
We accept Cash, Personal Check (14 days prior to event), Cashier's Check or Money Order and Credit Cards for the initial payment. Credit card payment is needed for damage deposit payment on all rentals. The final balance is not due until 14 days prior to your event/shipping date.
Q: What hours and when is Excellent Occasions available?
We are available via phone and email throughout each day. If you don’t catch us, just leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We're available for décor and event/wedding planning consultations by appointment only.
Q: Who will I get to work with?
Charlesa is the Sr. Consultant & Creative Director of Excellent Occasions and is passionate about our clients. She will be your source of contact as we plan your event together. If your event requires additional assistance and/or staff, Charlesa has an excellent team of qualified staff that will work with her to provide you with everything needed for your event. Charlesa plans and orchestrates each wedding or event personally and will be there to orchestrate your special day unless other arrangements are made.
Q: What should we bring to our 1st consultation?
How to Prepare & What to Bring
• We ask that you bring no children and limit yourself to only one additional guest. This person should be someone you trust will be true to YOU. Too many opinions will only cloud your own view. We always say, "it is your wedding not theirs"!
• Measurements - To make sure the site size is adequate for the décor you select, accurate measurements are extremely important. Aisle length, pew/chair count, seating and serving style, stage/altar width and depth, are just a few of what you will need for your consultation.
• Please check with the site to make sure the décor will be permitted. Some churches have restrictions on what can be placed at the altar. Some venues do nt allow open flames.
• Photos of décor, flowers or designs that inspire you. It can be from the internet, books, magazines, or personal photos to help build the look you have in mind. Photos of gowns or fabric swatches will be extremely helpful.
• Please consider all of your floral needs before your consultation. This includes all flowers required for the wedding party, ceremony, and reception site.
• Having a budget in mind is extremely important, although we realize that most people haven't a clear idea what it can cost it will be important to discuss what you want to spend BEFORE your consultation.
• At the conclusion of our meeting we will provide you with an estimate to review with your groom and family members.
Please be aware that we receive many inquiries and reservations. Reserve early to insure that your wedding/event date is secure. We don't overbook so our calendar fills quickly. For this reason we ask that you make your decision in a timely manner.